Tofu Scramble. My Fave Vegan Breakfast. Luv Stefani
This is a really quick, and easy breakfast substitute for scrambled eggs if you are trying to add more vegan meals into you diet.
I actually make this a couple times a week, because it stores really well, and its very versatile. You don't have to just have it for breakfast, I eat this with rice, quinoa, yams, or wrapped up into a burrito.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
2 cups de-stemmed kale, or spinach
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 package extra firm tofu
1/2- 1 tsp sea salt (depending on how salty you like it)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes ( if you like it spicy)
This makes about 3-4 servings
1. Heat non stick pan to medium/high, add oil, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, & saute until onions are translucent.
2. Remove excess moisture from tofu block with paper towel, then use your hands to crumble it up as you add it to the pan.
3. Add salt, pepper, red chili flakes, red pepper, and mix everything together.
4. Turn down heat to medium, let it all cook together for about 2-3 min
5. Add in nutritional yeast, and fold in spinach, cook until wilted.
6. Add in extra salt, & pepper to taste if needed.
-Make sure you use enough salt, and nutritional yeast or it will be very bland
-I like to eat mine with ketchup, & hot sauce ( just like eggs)
- It goes really well with avocado toast, corn/flour tortillas, home made yam/potato hash, brown rice, or own its own.
Let me know what you think!
I love to see when you guys make my recipes, tag me & share @luv.stefani on instagram xo