Life is very busy and having healthy meals & snacks to bring to work can be a major challenge when you are short on time. I find that making sure I always have the right groceries on hand makes it possible to actually make & pack snacks that I enjoy eating. If I pack something that I don’t even want to eat, then it is much more tempting to just grab something at a coffee shop which I know I shouldn’t be eating.
Here are a list of snacks that are super easy to pack for work, school, or home.
-Apple & 1 Tbs Peanut or Almond Butter
- Fresh Berries & 2 TBS Raw Nuts
-1 Cucumber & 2 TBS Hummus
-Protein Balls (Homemade preferred)
-2 Rice Cakes & 1/2 Avocado (Smash on top with salt, pepper, & lemon)
-2 Rice Cakes & 1 TBS Almond or P/B & Low Sugar Jam
-1 Cup 0% Cottage Cheese & 1/2 Cup Berries
-1 Cup 0% Cottage Cheese & Mrs Dash Seasoning & Hot Sauce
-Soaked Oats & Protein 1 Scoop Protein, 1/2 Cup Oats, 1/2 Cup Berries, Unsweetened almond milk
-10 Almonds & Apple
-2 Hard Boiled Eggs
-1 Slice Ezekiel Bread, 1 Tbs Almond Butter, Cinnamon & 1/2 Banana
-Protein Shake & Apple
-Protein Pancakes- They taste great cold with peanut butter, or jam, or reheat them in the toaster, or microwave.
-Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding 2 Tbs Chia Seeds, 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk, 1 Tbs Cocoa Powder, Tiny pinch Sea Salt, 1 Scoop Protein, Splenda if you like it sweeter. Let it thicken overnight or at least 2 hours.
Realistically often there are times life gets in the way and I need to find a healthy meal while I am out and about. I have a few super healthy snacks, and meals that I will buy when I find myself in need of something that fits within my meal plans.
1. Egg Bites ( The veggie ones, not the cheesy ones)
2. Spinach & Egg White Wrap
3. Reduced Fat Turkey Breakfast Sandwhich (Remove top bun to save carbs)
4. Plain Oats (Ask for some sugar free syrup, and top with cinnamon)
5. Apple or Banana & Almonds
1. Apple or Banana
2. Protein Bar with under or around 250 Cals 10g of sugar & 25 carbs or less
3. Raw unsalted almonds & Apple
4. Beef Jerky
5. Pre Mixed Protein Shake *Look for a low sugar version if available
Mcdonalds 1. Apple Slices
2. Egg McMuffin *No Sausage (You can even get two and remove the top bun to save the carbs)
3. Grilled Chicken McWraps No Cheese No Sauce (Get ketchup or hot sauce/salsa instead)
4. Ask for just grilled chicken, or just the eggs that go in the egg mc muffins
There is always a way to find snacks that won't throw you off track. Even if its something small that will help you last through your drive home through traffic, or make it through the rest of the work day, there are always better options than a slice of banana bread, or some high sugar/high fat empty calorie quick fix!!